A decision from the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to announce verdicts in cases involving Russian athletes banned from the Olympic Games for life less than 10 days before Pyeongchang 2018 provides "no obstacles whatsoever" for those cleared to take part, Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) President Alexander Zhukov has claimed.
The CAS confirmed yesterday that a combined hearing for all 42 athletes sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) would be held the week commencing January 22.
They also said they are expecting a final decision for each case to be issued "on or before" January 31, just nine days prior to the start of this year's Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang on February 9.
The confirmation came despite the sport entries deadline falling on January 28.
It is possible verdicts could be announced before then, however.
The 43 Russians have been banned from the Olympic Games for life and retrospectively disqualified from Sochi 2014 by the IOC for their involvement in doping and sample tampering at their home Games.
Maxim Belugin, part of the two and four-man teams which finished fourth at Sochi 2014, appears to be the only sanctioned athlete to not have filed an appeal.
Zhukov told Russia's state news agency TASS that it would have no bearing on the country's preparations for Pyeongchang 2018, where Russia have been forced to compete as neutrals under an "Olympic Athletes from Russia" banner.
A panel has been set up to decide which Russian athletes can compete at the Games.
"This situation should have no obstacles whatsoever for the departure of acquitted athletes to the Olympics," Zhukov, suspended as a member of the IOC as a result of the country's doping scandal, said.
"The whole team is flying in a single plane.
"Technical complications are very unlikely."
The combined hearing raises the possibility that a decision will be made on all 43 athletes collectively rather than individually.
Governing bodies such as the International Ski Federation have previously used reasoned decisions on one athlete to sanction the others involved in their sport.
Most of the evidence revealed by the Oswald Commission is similar for each implicated competitor.
It is still not clear whether former Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory director Grigory Rodchenkov turned whistleblower will appear at the hearing.
It had been claimed Rodchenkov, who is in witness protection in the United States after he fled Russia following his revelations about the country's doping programme, would attend.
Rodchenkov did not provide in-person testimony to the Oswald Commission but instead sent written affadavits, which were also given to the Schmid Commission.