Zimbabwe’s Brian Vitori has been banned from bowling for one year by the International Cricket Council (ICC) following a second report for an illegal action.
The fast bowler was previously suspended in January before he was granted a return after remedial work in June.
Vitori was flagged for an illegal action by match officials once again during the recent tri-series final against Sri Lanka in Bulawayo on November 27.
The 26-year-old then underwent an independent assessment at the University of Pretoria in South Africa on December 12, which found some of Vitori’s deliveries exceeded the 15-degree level of tolerance.
"As this report has constituted the player’s second report within a two-year period, the first of which led to a suspension, he is now automatically suspended from bowling in international cricket for a period of 12 months," the ICC said in a statement.
"Vitori can appeal against any procedural aspect of an independent assessment that has led to this automatic suspension.
"However, only after the expiry of this one-year period will he be entitled to approach the ICC for a re-assessment of his bowling action."
The left-arm seamer was initially reported during the T20 series his country played against Bangladesh in January and was summoned for assessment in Chennai in India.
All of his deliveries were said to have exceeded the 15 degree limit for arm extension allowed by the ICC.
Vitori has taken 12 wickets in four Test matches at an average of 38.66.
He has played 13 one-day internationals, taking 22 wickets at 27.27 while scoring just 32 runs.