The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Europe has announced that the Euroleague has ended legal proceedings it brought against the governing body.
There has been a major rift in European basketball with tensions high between FIBA and the continent's top club competition Euroleague - which is run by Euroleague Commercial Assets (ECA).
Much of the row has centered on the club game with Europe's top sides breaking away from FIBA in 2000 to form a new tournament.
FIBA has attempted to wrestle back control from the ECA and has launched a new Champions League tournament, with both sides then accusing the other of anti-competitive behaviour.
As tensions ran high FIBA Europe ruled that any country associated with Euroleague risked being thrown out of international tournaments, although the rights of the 16 clubs which play in the competition have not been affected.
A total of 16 countries were impacted with next year's EuroBasket - the top continental tournament for countries - as well as this year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro potentially affected.
This threat now looks to have been lifted.
A court in Munich last month cancelled a temporary injunction which barred FIBA Europe from "taking statutory disciplinary measures vis-à-vis national federations, national leagues and clubs in Europe in relation to ECA’s anti-competitive practices", the governing body said.
The court "indicated that the applying leagues and clubs were bound by Court of Arbitration for Sport arbitration clauses in the statutes of FIBA Europe, which blocks them from litigation in national courts".
It has now been claimed that all proceedings in the Munich court have been withdrawn.
ECA were supported in their action by a number of clubs - Fenerbahce, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Olympiacos, Real Madrid, Gran Canaria, Olimpija Ljubljana, Lietuvos Rytas, Cedevita Zagreb, Zielona Gora and Unicaja Malaga - as well as the Adriatic League and the Spanish League.
"FIBA was informed on Wednesday that Euroleague Properties and Euroleague Commercial Assets have surrendered in the German court in Munich all proceedings which they had previously initiated," a FIBA statement said.
"They both withdrew their motion for a preliminary injunction and simultaneously waived all rights arising from the preliminary injunction issued on 2 June 2016.
"As a consequence thereof, the court has cancelled the oral hearing originally set for 19 July 2016.
"Euroleague will - together with its co-applicants - bear all the costs of the court proceeding as well as those of FIBA and also FIBA Europe.
"Finally, this waiver of rights is also a clear signal that Euroleague will not appeal against the decision of the Munich court dated 23 June 2016, by which the injunction was annulled upon the motion of FIBA Europe."
FIBA Europe announced in May that the 16 countries threatened with bans were now expected to play in major tournaments.
"The Board noted that the National Federations impacted had reacted positively to the Board’s decision of 20 March 2016 and, as a result, no National Federation is currently affected in a negative way by the decision," a statement said at the time.
In March, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and Spain were said to "have leagues or clubs which have entered into an agreement with the ECA".
A further six countries - Greece, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Poland and Turkey - were sent letters drawing their attention to "recent reports and public statements" which suggest that one or more of their clubs may have entered into an agreement with the ECA.
France and Germany later joined this group to take the total number of countries involved to 16.
The absence of so many top countries would have devalued the EuroBasket tournament, which will be held in Romania, Finland, Israel and Turkey next year.
As the row has unfolded, both parties have complained about the other at the European Commission.
insidethegames has asked Euroleague for comment.