A new host is being sought for this year's World Schools Chess Championship after it was decided to withdraw the event from Tunisia because of security concerns.
The World Chess Federation (FIDE) has now launched a new bid process with interested candidates having until next Monday (February 1) to submit their applications.
The Championship had originally been awarded to Sousse, located 187 kilometres south of the country's capital Tunis on the Gulf of Hammamet.
FIDE, however, decided that Tunisia is not safe enough to host the tournament, which had been due to take place between April 30 and May 5.
Last June, 38 people were killed at Port El Kantaoui, about 10 km north of Sousse, when an armed gunman attacked a tourist hotel.
Then, in November, a suicide bomber attacked a bus carrying members of the Tunisian Presidential guard, killing 12, on a road in Tunis.
Several countries have since advised their citizens not to travel to Tunisia.
"Due to security reasons and travel advice/bans published by a number of countries FIDE Presidential Boarddecided to cancel the World Schools Chess Championship 2016 in Sousse, Tunisia," the FIDE said in a statement.
"FIDE has awarded to Tunisia the option to organise the respective Championship on 2018."
Due to the short time left to oganise the event, FIDE have said that they are willing to sanction the Championship being held in November or December.